When it comes to moving, it’s one of the most stressful situations in our lives. Imagine how stressful it may be on your pet. Animals have a difficult time with it comes to adapting to a new location and sometimes even travelling.
- Update your pet’s tags on a sturdy collar.
- Get medical records, so you can easily transfer them to your pet’s new veterinary.
- Take your time packing, this will cause stress to you and your pet.
- Keep first aid and food readily available with easy access to it.
- Keep your pet in a crate, for the safety of everyone.
- Take consistent rest stops, for everyone to stretch their legs and do their business.
- Once you get to the new location, find a new veterinary right away if case of an emergency.
- Before unpacking your own stuff, unpack the pet’s necessities so it has some accustomed items in the estranged new house.