Living alone is good in some ways. The biggest advantage is that you have more freedom and you get to enjoy your personal space. Meanwhile its disadvantage is also apparent: safety and security. Taking simple precautions and investing in the latest security devices could prevent a lot of problems later.
Below are 12 tips to stay safe when living alone.
- Light it right
- Go get gadgets
- Make like Kevin McCallister
- Lock safety #1: Don’t make assumptions
- Lock safety #2: Get reinforcements
- Lock safety #3: Don’t forget to actually lock it
- Up your window game
- No security system? Fake it ’til you make it
- Use the internet and social media wisely
- Know thy neighbor
- Get your nose out of your phone
- Psychology is half the battle