The 3 most important factors
- Market knowledge and creativity. What does that mean? Well, most agents have a website, and most agents access the MLS, but “marketing skills and knowledge” include proactive communication and social networking.
- Experience and track record. This is the extent of the agent’s marketing skills as it relates to your home and your neighborhood.
- Ability to communicate. Make sure you trust the agent you’re working with to effectively communicate what he/she does, and that you trust what they say about the market and conditions affecting your home.
Here are some check points to add to your list when re-listing your home
- Make sure your home is at or below market value
- Make sure all the obvious repairs are done
- Make sure it’s clean and clutter free
- Make sure to have a lock box for easy showings
- Make sure to leave the house for all the showings to make sure the potential buyer feels comfortable
- Make sure to remove pets for showings
- Make sure your home is priced strategically. (ex. $299,900 instead of $305,000)
- Make sure you can show your home on short notice
- Make sure you have a sign in the front yard with 24 hour cell phone service
- Make sure your home has high Internet presence
- Make sure you have top of the line photos and a video tour of your home
- Make sure the description of the house is exciting
- Make sure you offer a full coop split to cooperating agents
If you’re trying to sell in the Augusta, Georgia area, and I can be of assistance, please contact me anytime at (706)-533-5970. If you’re trying to sell in another market, give me a call and I can help you find an agent in your area that specializes in the best marketing approach.